Welcome to the 52nd Festival of Frugality, the one-year anniversary edition! I thought I'd give you a blast from the past by re-posting some of the submissions from the first ever FoF on December 13, 2005, along with what those bloggers are writing about today. (Some of the posts were submitted to the festival, and others didn't submit but did write a post about frugality this week.)
Also, the new Carnival of Socially Conscious Personal Finances is coming the first week of January, and you can read about and discuss it at this post (if you think it should have a different name or you've got anything else to suggest, by all means put in your two cents!).
One year of the FoF and still going strong:
- Free Money Finance, FoF#1: Energy Savings Tips from Energy Star, FoF#52: 8 Ways to Keep Overall Pet Costs Low
- Frugal for Life, FoF#1: "The Many Uses For…” series, FoF#52: Reducing Utility Costs
- Young and Broke, FoF#1: Even Millionaires are Frugal, FoF#52: Frugal Friday Fun Tips
- Boston Gal's Open Wallet, FoF#1: Frugal uses for candle stubs, FoF#52: Keeping Holiday Spending in Check
- Mighty Bargain Hunter, FoF#1: Frugal party for some, FoF#52: 118 Ways to Save Money in College
- My Open Wallet, FoF#1: FSA deadline... and gross money saving tip!, FoF#52: DIY and Decor Spending
- My Money Blog, FoF#1: Sunrocket VoIP Phone Service, FoF#52: Weekend Project: List One Thing On eBay
- J.D. Roth presents The Amazing Frugal Christmas Savings Spectacular! posted at Get Rich Slowly.
- Paula presents Is Wal-Mart Good or Bad for You? posted at Queercents.
- Trent presents The Well-Stocked Kitchen: Staple Foods You Should Always Have On HandThe Simple Dollar.
- Tricia presents Ways I Save Money: Be Resourceful posted at Blogging Away Debt.
- Stingy Student presents Stingy Students: Free clothes through Freecycle posted at Stingy Students.
- deputyheadmistress presents Frugal Gift- Also Classy and EASY! posted at The Common Room.
- Linda Freedman presents Holiday Post # 1- Bananas and Video Games posted at Everyone needs therapy? Lessons from a family therapist... a rambling but interesting take on consumerism and values during the holidays.
- Steve Faber presents Get Your Discounts - Cash and Otherwise posted at Debt Free.
- Amy Allen Clark presents Frugal Momma's Test Kitchen: Homemade Microwave Popcorn & Caramel Corn posted at Amy Allen Clark.
- Kathy Maister presents Why Start Cooking? posted at Kathy Maister's startcooking.com.
- Erich Jaeckel presents Automate Your Way to Wealth posted at LifeTraining - Online.
- Sarah Winfrey presents Frugal is More than a Way to Spend Money, Part 1 posted at Wisebread.
- Barry Mahfood presents How to Stay on Top of your Finances posted at The Price of Rice.
- Silicon Valley Blogger presents The Pressures of Holiday Spending posted at The Digerati Life.
- Jack Yoest presents The Frugal Mechanic Fixes A Flat posted at Reasoned Audacity.
- Ben presents How to Save Money on Your Christmas Tree posted at Money Smart Life.
- Scott On Money presents Getting a Better Car Insurance Quote posted at Scott On Money.
- Jeffrey Strain presents Paint On Energy Savings posted at Personal Finance Advice.
- dad presents Roll Your Own Discount on Disney Tickets posted at fivecentnickel.com.
- Free the Drones Blog presents Homemade Flea Traps posted at Free the Drones.
- Frugal Guy presents Winter Season Frugality Tips posted at Frugal Living.
- David B. presents How to Save Money when Shopping Online posted at How Do People Get Rich?.
- Yan presents Where did all the newspapers go? (Poll) posted at ProBargainHunter.com.
- Erik presents Living Paycheck to Paycheck Will Leave You Powerless posted at Money Crashers.
- Joe Caterisano presents 13 ways to save on gasoline posted at How to save money.
- Frugal Babe presents Recycling isn't just about cans posted at Frugal Babe.
I had to leave out many posts this week, unfortunately, because for the life of me I couldn't figure out how they were related to frugality. Sorry, folks!