Friday, July 14, 2006

Check out the Festival of Under 30 Finances!

Don't miss the new Festival of Under 30 Finances over at Penny Foolish!  Kira has done a great job of organizing this group of under-30 pfbloggers (see the list of links in my sidebar) and this carnival. 

Along with some great posts, all of us who submitted also talked about our  majors in college and whether they relate to our jobs.  I feel like I'm in the song "One of these things is not like the other"!  I seem to be the only liberal arts major of the bunch... everyone else majored in science, IT, finance/accounting, etc.  (And, probably not coincidentally, almost everyone else seems to use their major in their jobs more than I do!) 

I wonder if this is true of the pfblogger community in general?  Do the factors that make us personal finance-minded also make us more likely to pick college majors that pay off in practical skills for our careers?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My major is Political Science with a minor in Psychology so you're not alone.

Tiredbuthappy said...

Another liberal arts major here. Learned NOTHING applicable to real world job market, but had a great time and read some great books.