Without further ado, I've broken up the posts into a few categories, and identified my favorites among them...
Personal Finance, Values and Ethics:
- Editor's Choice! Cheap Versus Frugal: 21 Humorous (but Common) Mistakes
- At Frugalist, The Frugalist looks at the differences between being cheap and being frugal, a distinction which is to a large extent centered around your values and ethics.
- Editor's Choice! Don't Forget "Reuse"!
- At Green SAHM, Stephanie points out that we may be more likely to think about recycling and reducing than reusing items, and suggests some ways to reuse products for a more environmentally friendly lifestyle.
- In Donations vs. Begging vs. Beer O’Clock at Rich Minx, Rich Minx explores the ethics of asking for donations on your website.
- This one gets the special "ooh, cute kitten picture inside!" award.
- In Money and Kids in LGBT Families at Queercents, Paula discusses what impact parents' money values have on their kids, what values parents might want to pass one, and how to do it.
The Meaning of Money:
- Editor's Choice! Money Money Money Mantra and the Path to Enlightenment
- At Mastery of Meditation, Enlightenment & Kundalini Yoga, Anmol Mehta has a long but ultimately fascinating post, ranging from ABBA to a wise Buddist sage, that explores the purpose and value of money.
- In What is Money? at Creative Power of Thought: Thoughts Become Things, Kevin Kinchen suggests we think of money as fundamentally representing the service we have provided to the world.
Business and Ethics:
- Editor's Choice! The American Nightmare: An Illustration Of The Subprime Lending Mess and Borrowing Bust [A FlowChart]
- At The Digerati Life, Silicon Valley Blogger talks about how people get exploited and trapped in subprime lending situations, including a complicated and nifty flowchart to illustrate.
- In How Credit Card Rate Jacks Actually Work at Credit Card Lowdown, Sagar Satapathy explains some of the misleading and arguably unethical methods that credit card companies use to increase the interest rates they've promised their customers.
- On a similar note, in PIRATES OF THE CREDIT SEA ? Part 5 at THE SKILLED INVESTOR Blog, Larry Russell writes about his own difficulties getting his credit card company to act ethically, and connects it to the way that laws favor credit card companies over consumer protections in states like South Dakota and Delaware.
- In Six rules to avoid PR disasters at Sox First, Leon Gettler writes about how companies should and shouldn't respond to problematic situations.
- Dave Stech: 3 Powerful Success Concepts by edithyeung at Stewart Hsu.
- Defining Malpractice During an Emergency Evacuation by Shaheen Lakhan at GNIF Brain Blogger.
- Financial Mindset - How much money are You Really Worth? by Wanda Grindstaff at Creating Abundant Lifestyles.