Wednesday, March 21, 2007

One Year of Money and Values!

Has it really been a whole year since I started Money and Values? It doesn't feel like it, but the calendar doesn't lie. I have really enjoyed my first year of blogging. It's been fun and thought-provoking to research, ponder, and write about so many different topics. I've gotten terrific comments from so many people. I'm so glad we've gotten the Carnival of Ethics, Values, and Personal Finance up and running. I love that many of my posts on topics I care about show up high in search engine results. And although I know it's small potatoes to most bloggers, I'm so excited and honored to have had almost 30,000 visitors in the past year-- thank you for being part of that!

Here are some of my favorite posts from the last year...

On Money and Values issues:

  • Community Development Banking what it is and why I love it!
  • Locally-Owned Business vs. Corporate Chains the laundry list of why I try to avoid shopping at chains
  • All about fair trade just what it sounds like-- chock full of info and links
  • Eating Less or No Meat the many many reasons I think being vegetarian is a good move
  • Socially responsible investing/socially conscious personal finances:
  • What is Socially Responsible Investing (and banking) all about?
  • Guide to SRI options
  • The diverse motivations for socially conscious financial decisions
  • Tough questions... and (my) answers
  • Socially Conscious Finances: Spotlight on GLBT what companies to patronize to support fairness and justice for GLBT people
  • followup: Why GLBT-friendly policies are smart for businesses and investors
  • Picking money over time-- are we working too much? this societal trend is pretty damaging, in my opinion... take back your time!

  • Work, Retirement, and Financial Independence retiring early/financial independance-- how does it fit with my values?
  • Save for tomorrow or live for today? how do you balance the present and the future?
  • Salary negotiations and the gender gap I'll add to this series soon, really!

  • Frugal tips and ideas:
  • Cable TV for -$7
  • Frugal Vacations ...and Free Souvenirs
  • Gas mileage tips for cheaper road trips
  • Tips for choosing and using frequent flyer programs
  • How to Enjoy Baseball Games Cheaply
  • Could you walk (or bike) to more places?
  • Fight restaurant cravings by making restaurant meals at home
  • Slay your energy vampires
  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Hi Penny Nickel,

    Wow, Congratulations! I like your blog and the topics you cover. The carnival of Ethics, Values and PF is one of my favorite carnivals, since there are a lot of high quality straight-from-the-heart posts in it. Keep up the good work and good luck for many more years of blogging success!