Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A ton of great links you won't want to miss

There are all sorts of posts I've been lax about linking to, so without further ado:

  • At Tired But Happy, there's Part 1 and Part 2 of a fantastic exploration of the ethics of being a landlord and the possibilities of sharing profits with your renters.
  • That post reminded me of one by Nina at Queercents more than 3 weeks ago that I'd meant to link to but had forgotten. She writes about her role as a landlord and ponders how it fits into the big picture of the divide between rich and poor, home-owners and renters.
  • More recently at Queercents, ~Dawn wrote about Kiva.org, which is like Prosper except the loans go to microfinancing poor individuals in developing countries, and you don't get interest.
  • MyMoneyForest links to a study that finds racial discrimination in mortgage lending; minorities get higher interest rates and are more often denied.
  • I forgot to link to the great big post of personal finance how-to's at AllFinancialMatters! Oops, sorry!
  • And, I should not forget to promote the carnivals that are so kind as to include me this week:

No comments: