October 15th was Blog Action Day 2008, when more than 12000 bloggers of all sorts wrote about the topic of poverty (2007's topic was the environment.) Below are some great posts, mostly from the personal finance blogosphere. But first, I wanted to point out this coupon for a free hot drink (coffee, cappuccino, tea, etc) at Barnes and Noble through Oct 31st.
Now, on to the posts:
- Learning to Give: What *I* Can Do to Fight Poverty from Get Rich Slowly. (Plus his Faces of World Poverty: 20 Arresting Photographs.)
- Look down, not up - my poverty manifesto from Cheap Like Me.
- Blog Action Day: 5 steps to happily battle poverty from Green LA Girl.
- Eating on $25 a Week: The Experiment from Cheap Healthy Good.
- Women In Poverty [Blog Action Day 2008: Poverty] from Feminist Finance.
- Blog Action Day: The Little We Do from Mrs Micah.
- My Poverty-Fighting Superheroes from Julie Rains at Wise Bread.
- blog action day - poverty from plonkee money.
- Blog Action Day 2008 - Talking About Poverty from My Two Dollars.
- Beyond Microfinance: Eliminating Energy Poverty from Triple Pundit (and a great roundup of relevant earlier posts, The 3rd P Stands for People.)