Friday, March 24, 2006

Money & Values Around the Blogosphere

One thing I hope I can avoid in this blog is sounding self-righteous about my personal values. Of course I'll mostly be writing about myself-- isn't that what blogs are for?-- but that doesn't mean I'm trying to convince everyone to emulate me. While I feel strongly about what I believe, people with different values will want to make different decisions, and I hope they will still feel welcomed here. (And even people with similar values may make very different choices from me, of course!)

In other words, I'm not trying to make a definitive statement about the right way to combine your money and values, I'm just chronicling my own experiences and thoughts, and hoping we can all learn from and inspire eachother. If I start sounding too preachy, please tell me, and I will try to get back on track!

Anyway, as a great illustration of this, this week I've come across three different blog entries about how people's values influence their financial decisions. The values they focus on are not the most prominent ones in my life, but I still think it's great they're thinking about the money/values intersection and writing about it:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny, thanks for noticing. And welcome to the personal finance blogosphere. If you want to join the community of people who do this sort of thing, you can check it out here:

http://forums.moneyblognetwork.com/

My best to you!